My Top 5 picks for wedding venues in the gorgeous Niagara Region:
5. Club La Salle, St. Catharines. This might seem like an odd choice, however this French Canadian Club hall, which recently celebrated it's 50th anniversary, is located on the shore of Lake Ontario and is very light on the budget. This venue is all about the sunset and beach, so skip their hall, rent a tent and have an outdoor wedding (remember to leave the high heels at home and go with sensible shoes that are forgiving when dancing outdoors).
4. Kurtz Orchards, Niagara-on-the-Lake. An idyllic summer wedding spot, Kurtz offers unparalleled outdoor spaces, literally a tender fruit orchard, accentuated by charming lighting and fire pits as well as a beautiful indoor space if the weather turns. If you follow wedding trends on Etsy and want wedding photos that will make all the hipsters jealous, this is the spot for you.
3. The Hayloft at Oast House, Niagara-on-the-Lake. This modern-rustic space has great views of vineyards and the escarpment and stellar in house beers. It’s relatively small, making it perfect for intimate celebrations, however rumor has it that they're expanding with a two tiered outdoor patio for 2016. I also happen to be the resident DJ and curator of sounds in charge of sonic branding for Oast House, so I can assure you that the rumors are true!
2. The Big Barn at Balls Falls, Vineland. This massive, beautiful and historic barn has so much character and such a warm and earthy vibe that it doesn't take much to dress it up and make it the perfect spot for a rustic wedding. Balls Falls Conservation Area, where the barn is located, is a great place to take photos with a number of lovely and picturesque backdrops. The on site wedding chapel makes this location a total blessing for those wanting a very traditional church ceremony.
1. Stratus Vineyards, Niagara-on-the-Lake. Sleek, modern and sophisticated meets utilitarian. Stratus has pretty much everything you could ask for in a venue: vineyard views on their beautiful outdoor patio, outdoor fireplaces, bocce ball on the grounds, grand indoor spaces and spectacular wines. I’ve played at Stratus for a few clients as well as for the Niagara Jazz Festival and they are great to work with.